Sunday 1 April 2012

1st April

Today I headed off to Harajuku because I read on the internet that there would be a flea market at Togo Shrine, perfect for buying gifts ^-^, however, there wasn't :( Instead there was a wedding! I was too slow to catch a picture of the bride and groom head on and although I could have moved to get a better photo I felt that I wouldn't want tourists taking photo's of me at my wedding, so I left it. This is the one picture I did grab before scurrying away.


The bride and groom are in their traditional clothes under the umbrella. 
To cheer myself up after my fail of a morning, I treated myself to a crepe, getting 1 of my 5 a day in the form of banana smeared in chocolate, whipped cream and wrapped in a pancake ... it counts towards something ... right?

I also came across these awesome Kimono type thingies and I wanted one but I decided against it because it was 16,950 yen (£125ish) ... (>.<) plus if I keep eating crepes (and purin) at the rate I am I wouldn't be able to fit into it anyway :P 


During my wanderings I came across these two interesting shops.



When I took the picture of Condomania I thought that maybe, just maybe, someone had just taken a random English word, but no, it was a shop dedicated to Condoms. They even had their very own cartoon mascot with a very appropriate slogan ... I guess it's a good thing ... in a way! (*ノωノ)


The second shop shocked me too, but what didn't shock me was the amount of foreigners around it! Just behind this was a British pub selling fish and chips ... it made me a teeny bit smug ... but not much...

Although I'm not sure what the street was called that I was on, if you took out all of the Japanese people (which would have been difficult as it was packed) I would have felt like I was in London as I was surrounded by western shops (i.e Forever 21, Topshop, H&M to name a few) I had a peek inside in the hope that they were 'Japanified' but unfortunately they were not.

No comments:

Post a Comment