Saturday 10 March 2012

Day 2 - 10th March

Today was my first full day in Japan.
Because I'd gone to bed so early I woke up at 7 to find it snowing outside ... not what I expected.
I stayed in the Hostel until between 9 - 10am when we made our way to the National Tokyo Museum, some of my favourites being ...



























In one room we found this, 


and she explained that it was a map of the Museum taking examples of fabric and other items from the rooms so that people were able to feel what certain things felt like. I thought it was a really nice touch ^-^ (accidental bad pun)

We then walked around trying to find a place to eat lunch, and on our way we found these guys in Ueno station. 

There were women dancing just before but they stopped when I got my camera out to record :(
Finding a place to eat is basically trying to find a place that's either in english or has pictures :P when we eventually found somewhere in Ueno and I had this, and to finish off we were given gum \(^-^)/




We then decided to spend the afternoon in Akihabara, which was probably not the best idea as it was a Saturday, so it was packed! Luckily, it wasn't as overwhelming as I thought but I still didn't bother buying anything.


When we were walking around this guy just randomly pointed his camera at me and took a picture, I must have looked like a right fool because I was mid frown! He wasn't even Japanese!

Angel Beats!


FFX13-2 - Lightning


The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya


Aegis - Persona 3


Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome - Macross frontier


We then grabbed a Starbucks, which was very complicated as she talking to me in Japanese and I was like "aahh! Wakarimasen (I don't understand)", she then said "in or away" then it was all hunky dory ^-^

Just had my first taste of Melon Bread, it's alright, something to eat if I'm feeling lazy and its absolutely covered in sugar! I want to say that it tastes like brioche but I could be totally wrong, it's a long time since i ate it.










No comments:

Post a Comment