Sunday 11 March 2012

Day 3 - 11th March

So today started off at 3 am. I'd woken up and failed to sleep, and ended up killing time until about 7, but ignoring that, today has been the best day here so far :D although, that's not hard, there haven't been many!

Today I was assaulted by many high schoolers, mostly female but a couple of males, asking for photographs with me because I'm foreign (it's meant to be a normal occurrence here in Japan and luckily I was prepared!) They got me doing funny things like making love hearts with our hands and these two here. One group thrust a piece of fresh melon bread they'd just bought into my hands. I didn't have time to finish before I was asked for pictures by the next group. I had a conversation with one of the first groups that went a bit like this.

Them: "How old?"
Me: "JuuHachi!" (18)
Them: "EEEHH?!? Almost the same as us, 17! Where are you from?"
Me: "Igirisu" (England)
Them: "Boyfriendo?"
Me: *Pause*Blush* "Hai" (Yes)
Them: *Laugh* "KAWAAIII!"

I got a lot of 'Kawai's' and 'Very Beautiful!' comments which cheered me up greatly.





Two other people that asked for my time however were these lovely children who were out on what I presume was a school trip to practice their English. After we finished they gave me a bag with some of the cutest drawings I have ever seen and some food + the instructions on how to prepare them in English (which will definitely come in handy :P) and someone who wanted me to right a message to those affected by the tsunami today last year.






I then took touristy pictures of Sensoji Temple which are all on my Facebook Page. And made my first vlog on youtube ^-^



The man in the video actually worked out where I was staying, and when I told him that I was staying for a while longer he said "oh! well we'll probably meet again then as I'm always walking around this area"... so I have made a mental note to avoid the area if I want to get somewhere in a hurry :P

A few pieces I tried for the first time today and luckily all of them turned out delicious!

Custard Cream filled Taiyaki


Nikuman - Pork Bun


Lipton Apple Iced Tea

Kare Pan - Curry Bread










1 comment:

  1. Very funny video and cute as you like pictures, keep up the good work.

    x

    ReplyDelete